Houses of Parliament Tour Packages in London with Hotel Accommodation
Houses of Parliament London City Breaks include a tour around this most famous of buildings. The Houses of Parliament, also known as the Palace of Westminster, are home to the House of Commons and the House of Lords and the famous clock tower Big Ben.
Theatre Breaks visitors will discover 1000 years of the UK’s history within one iconic building. Also known as the Palace of Westminster, 1000 years ago it was the official residence of the English royal family.
The oldest part of the building is Westminster Hall which was completed in 1097 and has held a central role in British history since then. The majority of the original palace was destroyed by fire in 1834 and the magnificent Gothic-Revival building which now stands, majestically, in its place was designed by Sir Charles Barry and completed in 1870.
During the Summer Opening Theatre Breaks visitors can tour Parliament. It is arranged during the summer recess, when Parliament does not sit and Members work away from Westminster. Tours run from Monday to Saturday inclusive, but not on Sunday or Bank Holidays. Tours take about 75 minutes and start by following the route taken by Her Majesty the Queen when she performs the State Opening of Parliament.
All groups are led by a specially qualified blue badge guide.
* Tours last approximately 75 minutes
* Children under 5 are admitted free (ticket required) but the tour is not really suitable for the very young
* Bags or luggage larger than those permitted in aircraft cabins may be refused entry. Parliament has no facilities for leaving items; commercial outlets are available nearby at Victoria and Charing Cross stations
* Everyone entering the Houses of Parliament must go through airport style security checks.
* No liquids allowed
* No personal defence items allowed
* Visitors are advised to arrive 20 minutes in advance of their pre booked time slot
* Please note that tours may be cancelled at any time if Parliament has to meet, eg. due to an emergency.
Nearest Tube station to Houses of Parliament Tours
Package details: Packages include overnight accommodation at a selection of top London hotels with afternoon tour tickets commencing between 2.45pm and 3.00pm. If you wish to stay at your chosen hotel the day before your tour tickets please call our reservations department.